Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Nailed It: A Year of Dates

Remember this post? I finally put the album together while I was at the Point Sebago crop. The benefit of having crop space at an event. I shopped my own store and used an October Afternoon SNAP album that I had in stock...especially since I had the refill pages too.
Washi tape, papers pulled from different lines/scraps and words (months) I had pre-cut on my Cricut Explore before the weekend. I wasn't sure about the wifi at the campground and didn't have space for it in my car.
I left one 3x4 pocket open for each month and wrote our date details on a Project Life 3x4 journaling card. I then sealed it in the envelope with tickets, gift cards, etc that I had bought in advance. One envelope per month and 1-2 pocket pages per month depending on the activity. Obviously if it's dinner and a movie there will be less pics than, say, going on a hike.
Here you can see the envelope has been opened and I've slipped the journaling card into it's spot. For our anniversary month, we will visit the Worcester Art Museum to check out their Samurai exhibit and then head out for a sushi dinner. The "WTFS" is a coincidence...the paper was a calendar type page and it was for days of the week ;)
The gist of my "Year of Dates" album is to go out at once a month sans kids. We will open the envelopes on the 2nd (our anniversary date), pull out a calendar and pick a day to go. A few date ideas I included are hiking, bowling, paint nite and even a couples spa day.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea! Loved seeing it in person at Point Sebago! Maybe a workshop idea????

    ReplyDelete