Shhhh...don't tell but it's been a while since I've made a card. I have a series of card classes coming up and the plan was to make some cards this wet and rainy morning. I turned on the computer, checked emails and came upon an email leading me to the Hero Arts Blog. I have to admit I don't have a lot of their stamps, in fact I have a minimal stamp collection but after looking through the blog, I think I may have to stock up. Check out these awesome holiday cards!
Let me know if you'd like to join me in stocking up on these stamps...I'd be happy to get my hands on some for you.
ps. this post was written last thursday when it was wet and rainy ;) I write ahead so this blog isn't neglected when the busy gets going.
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Thursday, October 13, 2011
I hope you are well and staying dry on this cold and wet fall day. Just Scrappin’ Weekend in Westboro was a total blast. Thank you to all the ladies who attended!!! Jean and I are looking into our next one so stay tuned.
October Special – 25% OFF Peachy Keen stamps
If you’re a fan of the paper doll cricut cartridges, you have to check out this stamp company! I am in love with all the sets and a good one to start with, I think, is this Everyday Character Face Assortment. There are 31 stamps in this pack of all different sizes. I am offering 25% off on the stamps and can order any set you would like, just let me know.
· Oct 19 if you would like your stamps in for Cool Crops Portland.
· Oct 31 for delivery at 11/12 Just Scrappin’ crop or Cool Crops Hyannis.
· Free shipping for hand delivery.
· Payment is due before I place the order.
· Mail delivery to you will be at USPS cost.
Just Scrappin’ in Sturbridge Day Crops
$40 for the day, meals included. Prizes and Goodies too.
Nov 12 – sold out
Dec 10 – seats still available, payment reserves your seat.
2012 dates coming soon.
Card Classes at the Holden Recreation Center
Make 4 handmade cards using 1 stamp. New stamp and techniques each class. Please bring your class kit with you. Classes will be held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month (except dec) in the recreation office from 6:30 - 8:30pm. Dates are Oct 19, Nov 16 and Dec 14. Cost is $23 per class. Please call (508)829-0263 to reserve your seat.
Oct 15 - Sistas Crop in Plymouth, MA.
Oct 19 - 1stamp 4 Cards Class in Holden MA.
Oct 28 to 30 - Cool Crops Portland, ME. I believe there are still seats available if you’d like to join me J
The rest of my schedule is up on the Upcoming Events page on my blog.
As always, if you're looking for something in particular, I'd be happy to help you locate it. Have a wonderful day!
Grilled Salmon with Peanut Hoisin Sauce (from allrecipes.com)...a change from the usual teriyaki salmon I make for the family. This I serve with jasmine rice and a side of stir-fry veggies (Veggies, oil, soy sauce, minced garlic). Always a big hit!
Grilled Salmon with Peanut Hoisin Sauce
- 1/2 cup JIF® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- CRISCO® Cooking Spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Sauce can be made several days ahead of time and refrigerated. If it is too thick, just add a little water when heating it before serving.
- Spray the salmon filets with CRISCO® Cooking Spray on both sides, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until done to your liking. Top each grilled salmon filet with warm Peanut Hoisin Sauce and sprinkle with chopped scallions, just before serving. Enjoy!
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Just got some of them in stock and the colors are just the coolest. Limited quantities on hand and they come in a 3 pack. Looking forward to playing with them at the Scrappin' Sistas' crop this Saturday.
Check them out...
Check them out...
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Shrimp and Mushroom Linguini is what the recipe is called on the allrecipes website. I think it's an awesome copy of Olive Garden's Seafood Portofino. I halved the butter, added a dash (or two) of white wine and lobster to get the requested lobster meal for a birthday boy. Parsley and basil fresh from the garden. Very yummy!
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguini pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini, and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, melt 1/2 cup butter with the minced garlic. Stir in the cream cheese, breaking it up with a spoon as it melts. Stir in the parsley and basil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Mix in boiling water until sauce is smooth. Stir in cooked shrimp and mushrooms, and heat through.
- Toss linguini with shrimp sauce, and serve.
ps. even the picky eater ate it without picking anything green out!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Just got the email from Bella Blvd. that they have mid-released 2 new lines and 2 new mini stickers. All the images are up on their blog HERE.
My favorites are (from each line)
Any interest? Want a pre-order? These lines will not be available til after 10/24.
My favorites are (from each line)
|Spring Flings and Easter Things|
|Family Miniature Stickers|
Monday, October 3, 2011
Did you notice I was gone? We hosted our very first Just Scrappin' Weekend in Westboro and had a wonderful time. Thanks for making it a great weekend ladies...you know who you are! As for having another one, you bet we will. Here is a peek into our weekend...yummy treats...