Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Nailed It: Bright Pom knit hat

Going a little further back for a Nailed It post. Darin had chosen a skein of this really cool Plymouth yarn way back on our first trip to a yarn store. He finger knitted with it and then didn't love it. So I took it apart and the yarn sat for a while. On my last trip to the same store, I saw the yarn there and bought another skein. I decided to knit myself a hat with it and this is the result. There was quite a pile left after I finished the hat so I decided to make a pom pom with it.
I love how bright it is. Also that it is very warm. Only problem is, I knitted it a little big for my head and am afraid to try to shrink or felt it to make it fit. I'm told it's not hard and I can't go wrong...yet I wear it big. As long as I don't bend it over, it stays on my head and keeps me visible when I'm out at my crossing guard job. ps. please don't mind the really dirty mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment