Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Failed it: DIY Bleach Pen Shirt

Can it be? Is it true? My first Failed It post. When I first saw this DIY project on pinterest I thought it would be so super easy to do.
How could it not? Write/Draw with the bleach pen directly on the shirt, leave it for an hour and wash off. Easy Peasy, right? Well I did exactly that, washed the shirt - came out clean and looked exactly like it did without the bleached out writing. It FAILED...not even a blotch!!!

I was determined to get it to work, much easier than vinyl iron on and I needed shirts for our event the next day. So I took myself down to the local ACE and bought a brand new bleach pen 'cos the one I had was a million years old. Wrote my #JustScrappin, let sit for 1 hour, washed the shirt and NADA!!!

I have to say, I don't know what went wrong. Maybe it's the shirt, maybe I didn't leave it on long enough, maybe...it could be anything. I FAILED IT! Let me know if it works for you and what you did different.

BTW, I ended up using the vinyl iron on and it wasn't as hard as I had imagined it would be. This is the only pic I have of the shirt (on Jean taken at our crop over the weekend) with the vinyl iron on. How-to etc will have to be on another post. I loved the shirts so much, I ordered a bunch more vinyl yesterday. Now to shop for shirts ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment