Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tuesday's Challenge: Positives AND Negatives

Tuesday's Challenge...bringing challenges back to the blog. Why? 1. there isn't much going on in the garden and those garden posts are getting boring ;) 2. I have not been getting pages done for my personal albums. I do make my class layouts and kits do double duty ie. they eventually end up in my albums but that still doesn't cut it. Back when Jean and I ran monthly day crops, I got a lot more pages done. So, it's back to challenges here on the blog where my goal is to share a challenge and a layout of mine every Tuesday. a layout a week is doable, right?
Found this layout on pinterest and thought it would be a good jumping off point for a layout challenge. The challenge is to use both the positive AND negative of a die-cut in a layout. It's a great way to use double sided paper. Here's my take on it...
I also used stars, both the positives and negatives for my layout of Jori and his ornament for 2010. Below is a pic of the faux stitching. I used my white souffle pen...it goes on wet and dries to a beautiful raised, almost an embossed look, white.
One layout down, many more to go. I think this is the best way to get my pages done. Won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment