Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Nailed It

I've been doing quite a bit of bread baking and feel like I finally "got it". The rolls, breadsticks and bread are coming out nice and fluffy...with more baking they will be perfect!!!

Some of the recipes I've tried are...

1. Homemade French Bread
Spaghetti and meatballs and some yummy homemade French bread. Mine weren't quite as brown but they were tasty and "fluffy". This is something I prefer to buy in the store but since I wasn't heading out and wanted bread and had decided early enough for the risings, I went ahead and made it. They were even better the next day for sandwiches :)

2. Copycat Olive Garden Breadstick
Darin said they were just as good as Olive Garden's and that I should make them more often. And I have to assume it was a hit because there were none left. Served them with Zuppa Toscana.
3.  Pizza and Calzone Dough
The dough was super easy to work with. I made stromboli - sausage and cheese, sauce on the side, with the dough. My boys loved it and I had plenty for school lunched. Another hit!!!
All the recipes needed only basic ingredients and were kneaded in no time using my Kitchen-aid mixer. Give it a shot and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment