Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wednesday pins

So I've been seeing a lot of layouts and cards with banners and twine! I couldn't figure out how to add the twine without stitching it on and at a previous crop, someone told me they used glue dots...one on each end of the twine but what about the middle? I had read about dipping the twine in Elmer's glue but that seemed too messy. So I decided to play around while I designed some new kits. I found a good in between method and thought I'd share. I used my Zig squeeze and roll glue pen...just apply a line of it, you can even write with it...and hold your twine in place until it dries. Doesn't take longer than 5 minutes. So far so good...a week later, the twine are still in place.

 Here I glued the twine on over the banners.  Banners are Coredinations Kraft with the edges sanded. 
This one has the banners over the twine with knotted ends.  I just pop dotted the banners.
Same thing here except the banners are layered stickers so I tucked the twine between the layers.
 
Writing with the glue pen was a little trickier but still worked great.  Love this new trick of mine!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment