Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Freezer Meals

There are tons of pins regarding freezer meals on Pinterest and they look, to me, like a brilliant idea.  Spend a few hours in the kitchen one day, stick the food in the freezer and when in a bind, thaw (sometimes you don't even need to thaw) and dump into the crockpot.  Voila...healthy warm meal on the table! I decided to give it a try some months back and loved the recipes.  I'd love to share which recipes I tried but I can't remember and can't find the pin :(  I have it printed out and can repeat but won't post until I can give credit.  

This time around, I poked around my pins, found a few recipes I thought my family would like, brought out a few from the last round that we loved and made some regular recipes into freezer meals.  In Saturday night, exhausted from a long day but with all the raw food waiting in the fridge, I put together 11 meals and 2 baggies of turkey meatballs!!!  It should hold us through til then end of my crazy crop schedule...I will still cook but these meals will come in handy on Sunday nights when I'm rolling in on Sunday afternoon and there's an evening hockey game.  Hubby or even the boys will be able to get a meal started in the morning.

If you would like to try making these meals, here is what I made, some recipes made 2 meals.  Some of these recipes are new to me so I'm not making any recommendations.  I will try to come back and update though.
  1.  Maple Dijon Glazed Chicken
  2. Teriyaki chicken - bite-sized boneless, skinless chicken thighs plus teriyaki sauce.  We love Soy Vey's Very Very Teriyaki.  Just thaw and pan fry (or dump in crock pot)...serve over white jasmine rice.
  3. Morrocan Lamb Stew
  4. Salsa Chicken - will add sour cream after cooking
  5. Cilantro Lime Chicken
  6. Healthy Mama BBQ Chicken
  7. Turkey Meatballs
Have you tried freezer meals?  If so do share your meals and results.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment