Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Garden Tales 09.16.14

Nothing much is happening out in the garden...more cucumbers, still plenty of parsley (which reminds me I need to make that chimichurri), plenty of thai basil (waiting for more to make that pesto) and growing snap pea plants (slow going). The temperature is something I'm keeping an eye on, especially for frost advisories.

So with nothing to report on the growing and harvesting end, I want to share this photo I took a few weeks ago. I had just read a review about a book titled "The Bees" by Laline Paull and ordered it from our local library. When I saw this beauty at work, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the book.
I picked it up as soon as it came in and dove in. It was amazing...to write from the perspective of a bee...just WOW!!! I knew the basics of bees but this book took me into the world of bees, of seeing through their eyes and making them more human. Loved the book, perfect for a bio geek like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment