Friday, April 4, 2014

Welcome Home!

"What is the first thing you do when you get home from a crop?" This was one of the questions in the family feud game at the SAW crop I was at this past weekend. And it got me thinking. What is the first thing I do when I get home from a crop?! Some answers from the game were...
"Kiss my kids" - um nope not my first thing. To be honest the husband yes but not the kids. 
"Unload the car" - yup my boys, including the husband, takes care. They're awesome this way. 
"Make dinner" - LOL definitely NOT!
"Take a nap" - never happens. 
"Show off my finished pages" - since I don't get any scrapbooking done, this is a no-no for me too. 

This past weekend, what did happen the minute I walked in through my door was...
  • Refereed a squabble between the kids.  Then got hugs and kisses a little later.
  • Noticed they didn't eat anything I had prepped the Thursday before I left, I'm nice that way but seriously? I did take my share with me to Scrap-A-Way and ate it all. 
  • Took Darin to hockey and froze my butt off, followed by dinner just the two of us. We had a great time chatting at dinner just the two of us and looking through photos on my camera from his game, birthday party and play.
  • Helped hubby and older son pick out clothes for the baseball gala they were attending in 2 hours.  Also helped them find shoes, really? Son borrowed dad's since he didn't for in any of his dress shoes. My hubby and older son had a great time at the gala they attended.
And that is what life is about, isn't it?  Ups and downs, good with the bad, wouldn't have it any other way. So, what is the first thing you do when you get home from a crop?


No comments:

Post a Comment