Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Time2Scrap Layout Kits

One of my favorite parts of this business is, naturally, making scrapbook pages and sharing them with you. My business is based on selling the products to make these said pages as well as teaching and selling layout kits. In the years past, selling products and teaching classes have been my mainstay, thanks to all of you, but the kits are a part of the business that I want to expand and yet have trouble keeping up with. I just didn't have the time...it wasn't the purchasing and designing part, those were easy for me. The hard part was the photo taking & printing, the written instructions and the kitting.

At the beginning of this year, I decided to change things up. It's ridiculous to try to sell a product I didn't have. I committed to producing at least 2 kits a month and the interest has been amazing (thank you). I picked up an eye-fi card for the camera to make uploading pictures from my camera to the computer a breeze. Typing instructions...well there's no help for that...just get it done and I did, sometimes when I'm sitting in my booth at an event. The kitting part, well I hired myself a helper. He works on commission and I do spot checks. So far it's been working out for me.
Kitter in training ;)

Lately, there has been a push towards me selling the kits online...so I looked into the logistics of it. How to mail them without damaging the 12x12 papers. The best way to ship them. The costs involved etc. It's a work in progress. I had a few orders last month and there were some glitches but I'm learning. Today, I would like to introduce you to my LAYOUT KITS 4 SALE page here on the blog. It's old school...see something you like, email me, I paypal invoice you, you pay me, I mail it to you. I will keep the page updated, and I doubt things will sell out too fast for me to update. Check it out, and leave a comment...feedback is always appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment