Thursday, April 17, 2014

Experimenting with Gamsol

I have copic markers, zig markers and wink of stella markers but love to play with color pencils. I bought myself a kit and played with Gamsol while at a crop and on Tuesday while it rained cats and dogs. What is Gamsol?  Gamsol is the best blending medium for colored pencils and a perennial Inky favorite! Gamsol is a brand of artist-grade odorless mineral spirits, which we've packaged into a convenient, sponge-top dabber bottle. This "magical" liquid results in a pretty, almost watercolor-like look since it essentially melts the pencil lines and erases their grainy appearance (from Inky Antics website). It's a fun product to use and I love the look of it. I think I need more practice with it especially with how much color to add and working on the blending and shading. This photos in this tutorial is awesome...too bad I can't read it.


Want a kit for yourself to play with? I don't currently have them in stock but if you're interested, let me know and I'll get some in.


No comments:

Post a Comment