Thursday, March 6, 2014

Finally Scrapping

It took long enough but I finally finished a layout that is not destined to be a kit or a class.  This was me just playing around with some of the goodies I have laying around.  Chipboard from way back when that I dug out for a challenge on the Twisted Tuesday Challenges Blog.  I first colored the chipboard with chalk ink (red)/distressing ink (yellow) and then went over it with my Wink of Stella colored markers.  On the heart, I decided to cover the whole thing with glossy accents and it looks so shiny and the shimmer from the Wink of Stella pens are still noticeable. 

Next, I inked the Petaloo Color Me Crazy Wild Roses with distressing ink and colored the centers with yellow Wink of Stella brush. Then comes the fun part, I sprayed the flowers with water using my Tim Holtz mini mister and the colors just spread and meld into each other giving the flowers a shimmery watercolor look.  I let them dry on their own...kids to pick up and drive around helps with drying time ;)  Did the same with the smaller flowers but reversed the colors.
The background was inked using a Heidi Swapp stencil and some distressing inks. Some 24/7 stickers, a few drops of Color Shine, thicker letters and a die-cut and voila ONE layout completed for the year.  How many did I say I was going to get done?  Something to the tune of one a week?  I guess I better get cracking on them.  Which leads me to the question...when and where do you get the bulk of your scrapping done?

No comments:

Post a Comment