Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Oh Pinterest...What's Cooking?

I found a different recipe for a Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken on Pinterest,.  It's a recipe from the Chef Mommy blog and thought I'd try it out.  I even used her homemade Taco Seasoning...so easy and I had all the spices on hand. This dish was yummy and all my boys loved it.  We served it over jasmine rice with salad and avocado.


Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken
Ingredients:
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used chicken tenders)
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (I used the cream of chicken)
1 cup salsa
1 package taco seasoning (I used 1 Tbsp of Chef Mommy's homemade taco seasoning)
1 cup sour cream
cilantro, for serving (optional) (I also added a little shredded cheddar-jack, black beans and scallion on top)

Directions:
Put chicken, soup, and salsa in slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over everything. Cook on low for 6 hours (I cooked mine on high for 3 hours). If shredding the chicken, pull the breasts out and shred; return back to slow cooker. Stir in sour cream and heat just until everything is combined.  Serve over rice with a side of salad and avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment