Thursday, March 3, 2011

What's Cooking? Chicken Spaghetti

In an effort to make more time for scrapping and making memories, I started using my slow cooker/crock pot more.  I haven't quite learned to adapt recipes for the slow cooker but I have found some really great ones online and in recipe books.  It occurred to me that maybe I should share these finds with my readers..I do get lightbulb moments once in a blue moon.  I can't guarantee that I'll have a new recipe share every week as I tend to head for my go to recipes quite a bit.  And to make it easier to find these recipes, I will add a page (see top of the page) that will have them all linked.  Enjoy!

Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti - found over on the Clover Lane blog

Ingredients:
 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup water
1 packet of dry Italian dressing
1 can of cream of chicken soup (I use the 98% fat free kind)
1 bar or container of cream cheese (I use 1/3 fat free cream cheese)
1 box of pasta (I prefer thin spaghetti)
 
In crock pot:
Pour water, dry Italian dressing mix and cream of chicken soup into crock pot.  
Stir together to mix.  It will be lumpy, don't worry about it.
Add in chicken...it should land at the bottom of the pot.
Add in cream cheese...I leave the whole block sitting on the top of everything.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
30 minutes before chicken is done, cook a box of thin spaghetti pasta.
Spoon chicken mixture over top on individual plates, serve with garlic bread and salad.  Enjoy!

Notes:
 I've used less than a whole bar of cream cheese, even down to half and can't tell the difference.
Cook pasta ahead and rinse in hot water (from tap) just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment