Monday, November 3, 2014

Weekend Wrap-up


A cold and blustery weekend at home. We didn't get any snow but it rained all of Saturday. And in that rain, we dragged ourselves to...
- an early morning hockey practice,
- a flag football playoff game - they're going to the superbowl,
- a basketball practice,
- a travel baseball parent meeting,
- a quick run to Sam's while kid was at basketball practice,
- a visit to the Apple store to fix the battery on my phone
- a date night with my main man.

Sunday we stayed close to home with just a few things on the calendar (mass, CCD and a hockey game). We spent the rest of the day cleaning and cooking - everyone cleaned and then I spent the afternoon prepping meals for the weeks ahead. In case I haven't mentioned it, I like to have meals ready/frozen for busy nights as well as weekends. 80% of the meals are freezer meals that my boys (husband included) can defrost and toss in the oven or crockpot and 20% are meals that are full cooked and we just need to reheat. If you're curious, today I...
- seasoned pork chops - frozen for later
- cooked a beef stew - frozen for later
- made dinner - ham, potato salad, rice with beans

- cooked taco meat - 1/2 for nachos lunch and froze the other half for another day
- baked meatballs - frozen for later
- cut up boneless skinless chicken thighs for tomorrow's dinner
I had planned on baking too but ran out of time.

I find that having these options in the fridge/freezer makes it a little easier to have a home cooked meal every night. Tell me, do you make freezer meals or prep ahead?

No comments:

Post a Comment