Thursday, September 17, 2015

Garden Tales 09.17.15

My garden is still going strong mid-September and I do have to say I am amazed. By now, I'm usually done with it and packing it in. I truly believe it's the new soil I bought to add to the raised beds that made the difference. To be honest, I have never had my marigolds grow so big and have so many flowers! 
Even the basil is growing like crazy...anyone want some basil?
The zuchinni and summer squash didn't make it through the summer, not unusual for me, and I've pulled them out and planted a salad mix. It didn't take long for the seedlings to com out and before long, we'll be (hopefully) eating lots of salad.
Another herb growing crazily in my beds are mint. I have since learned that they are perennials and come back year after year. They are planted within a pot in my garden since they spread like crazy. their flowers are also something else!
Sugar snap peas also don't make it through the summer so I plant them twice, once in the spring and again in the fall.  They're coming up beautifully and we are looking forward to the fall harvest.
Last but not least, the raspberries are getting ready for round 2 of flowers. I didn't know theyy produced twice a year. Any raspberry growing experts out there?
How is your garden growing?





No comments:

Post a Comment