Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Garden Tales

There are a few blogs (HERE and HERE) I follow daily and in the growing season, I love that they share photos and updates of their garden weekly. Since I am in my off-season AND have a veggie garden growing...I thought I would add that feature to my blog to change things up for the next few months.

A little background...this is the 5th year of my veggie garden, the blueberries went in 4 years ago and the raspberries and strawberries are in their 3rd year. I am not a pro and am a hobbyist gardener. I just like to putter around in the garden and if we can get edibles out of it great. If not, oh well that's what the farmer's markets, farm stands and grocery stores are for ;) Last year  was pathetic, the year before excellent..hoping for a great year this time around.


Strawberries and lots of them this year it looks like
Tomatoes - a heritage, a bush and a cherry...stakes coming soon.
 Kale and herbs (mint, parsley, dill)
 Snow peas, cilantro, mesclun, peppers
 Zucchini and yellow squash
Thai basil and a pepper



No comments:

Post a Comment