Shrimp and Mushroom Linguini is what the recipe is called on the allrecipes website. I think it's an awesome copy of Olive Garden's Seafood Portofino. I halved the butter, added a dash (or two) of white wine and lobster to get the requested lobster meal for a birthday boy. Parsley and basil fresh from the garden. Very yummy!
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguini pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini, and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, melt 1/2 cup butter with the minced garlic. Stir in the cream cheese, breaking it up with a spoon as it melts. Stir in the parsley and basil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Mix in boiling water until sauce is smooth. Stir in cooked shrimp and mushrooms, and heat through.
- Toss linguini with shrimp sauce, and serve.