Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wacky Wednesday

Anything goes. A link. A story. A blog. You get the idea. Today, I will share a story.

Last Saturday, I vendored at an event called Crop for Jesse. I don't know all the details except that Jesse, a little guy, was very sick and is now better. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I know some people think scrappers are a little loony what with all the paper, adhesive, photos and getting together. But another thing scrappers are that is not as well advertised is GIVING. The outpouring of love at this event was just amazing. over 40 ladies showed up with their stuff and scrapped the day away. All the while playing games and bidding at silent auctions, chinese raffles and all other kinds of raffles. And at the end of the day, these same ladies led by the awesome-est lady, managed to raise $1900+ for Jesse and his family. It's an incredible feeling to be able to help and to come together doing something we all love to show our love and support for someone else. Thanks Monique for the opportunity to come and help out. :)

Jesse's Dad, Jesse, Monique (organizer) and Jesse's baby bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment