The first recipe I tried was the Slow Cooker style Baked Potato Soup. Super easy and super yummy. I made ~half the recipe...whatever potatoes I had left of a 5lb bag, 48oz chicken broth, 1 block of 1/3 less fat cream cheese, less salt...you get the idea and it was delish! Both boys gave it two thumbs up :) Enjoy!
|Image from MamaLovesFood.com|
Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup Ingredients:
- 5 pounds russet potatoes, washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes
- 1 medium/large yellow onion, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 64 ounces (8 cups) chicken stock or broth
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened (I use low fat)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- optional garnishes: crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, green onions
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning, and chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Add the softened cream cheese and puree soup with an immersion blender until the cheese is incorporated and about half the soup is blended. (Alternately you could remove half the soup and the cream cheese to an upright blender, then re-incorporate).
- Stir well, top with your choice of garnishes & enjoy!