Chicken Dumpling Soup...perfect for a cloudy, rainy and cold day like today (or week). A recipe I discovered a couple of years back and is a hit with even my pickiest eaters.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
2 tablespoons butter
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
2 packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
1. Place chicken, butter, soup and onion in a slow cooker. Fill with enough water to cover.
2. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on LOW. About 30 minutes before serving, place torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.
3. Shred chicken and serve :)
When I make this...
- I leave out the butter and onions.
- use only 2 chicken breasts
- use only 1 package of dough and I quarter the biscuits instead of tearing.