Crockpot Honey Sesame ChickenYield: 4 servings
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 5
Salt and pepper
1 cup of honey
1/2 cup of low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Place the chicken thighs in the crockpot insert and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, oil, garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine well. Pour over the chicken in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1 1/2-2 1/2 hours.
- When done, remove chicken from stock pot and cut into chunks. Prior to putting the chicken back in the stockpot, combine some cornstarch in water and whisk it into the crockpot to thicken up the sauce a bit. Throw the chicken back in and stir around to recoat the chicken in the sauce.
- Serve hot over a bed of white rice (optional) and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.