Rav'n Ravioli...a yummy meatless meal that my family enjoys. It's also quick and easy to pull together. It's a recipe from an old Pampered Chef recipe book...Main Dishes (copyrighted in 2000).
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 (26-28oz) jar of spaghetti sauce
2 packages (9oz each) refrigerated ravioli
1 1/4 cups water
12 French bread baguette slices
1/4 cup butter, melted.
4 oz mozzarella cheese
1 oz fresh parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Chop bell pepper and onion. Heat olive oil over med-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion and garlic. Cook 2-3 mins or until veggies are tender.
2. Stir in spaghetti sauce, ravioli and water. Bring to a boil and let it simmer ~10 minutes.
3. Slice french bread, melt butter and dip bread slices into butter, tossing to coat evenly.
4. Spoon half of the ravioli mix into a baking pan. Top with mozzarella cheese and the remaining ravioli mix.
5. Arrange bread slices, slightly overlapping around edge of the baking pan. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over bread and ravioli mix.
6. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until ravioli is heated through and bread is crisp and deep golden brown.
- I usually leave out step 1 entirely...my picky eater takes too long picking out all the greens.
- I've left the ravioli on the stove (turned off) and continued with the rest when we got home from practice/game/etc.
- To save a step (and a dirty bowl), I don't melt the butter...just slather it onto the bread slices ;)